1. Cockroaches can spread approximately 33 kinds of bacteria, 6 kinds of parasitic worms and 7 other human pathogens. They pick up all kinds of germs on the spines of their legs. From bathroom floors, rodent nesting areas and sewage, places where they walk through is unlimited. Germs that roaches eat from decaying matter or sewage will remain in/on them longer.
2. Even if cockroaches can’t find food sitting right on our counter tops, they will crawl over our food preparation areas looking for food. In doing so, they pass the pathogens and bacteria on their bodies directly to our food preparation surfaces. We can contract ‘food poisoning’ or diarrhea from eating food that was prepared on an area where cockroaches have traveled.
3. The exoskeleton of cockroaches is periodically shed, which means if you have an infestation of cockroaches in your home, you could have many of these shed skins laying around. These skins (as well as cockroach feces) are known for causing allergies and asthma in children, especially if exoskeleton dust and cockroach feces are breathed in.
4. Cockroaches are known for reproducing very quickly; cockroach nymphs emerge within 38 days from their eggs and then complete their development within the next 6 months to a year. Cockroaches are also known to live for longer than a year, which means an infestation inside your home can grow quickly, with many generations present.
5. Cockroaches are resilient. It has been said that they would be one of the few creatures to survive in a nuclear disaster. Many cockroach control methods that are used today are ineffective, especially DIY solutions, which is why a Elevate Pest Control professional should be called to get rid of cockroaches inside your home.
Elevate Pest Control
Cockroaches in Logan enter your home looking for food, water and shelter. If they find all three, a cockroach infestation can escalate quickly. If you have a small cockroach infestation, it is best to have it eradicated immediately, before it has a chance to grow into a problem that can’t easily be controlled.
For pest control you can trust, contact the professionals at Elevate Pest Control. We can offer cockroach identification to let you know which cockroach species is a problem for you as well as complete cockroach control and preventative solutions. Our pest control program is guaranteed to protect your home against common household pests.