Rodent Control | Wasp Control | Ant Control | Spider Control
Crazy Rodent Facts
You have probably heard all sorts of things about rodents. If you have an infestation that has infiltrated your home, you might begin to wonder how many of those rumors are true. First off, if you have an infestation of mice or other rodents in your home you are not alone. Each year nearly 21 million homes in America get brand new infestations. If you are suffering from an infestation of mice or rodents, you need the help that Elevate Pest Control can provide. Since we are in the business of eliminating rodents, here are a few crazy facts about them.
The Fact of the Matter
- Super Teeth: Rats have super teeth. Since they continuously grow, up to 5 inches per year, they have to chew on everything in order to keep their teeth at the right length. Not only do they grow, their teeth are super strong. They can chew through lead, cinderblocks, and aluminum siding.
- Amazing Acrobatics: A mouse can climb up a vertical wall, jump over a foot high, and fit through a hole that is about the size of a nickel. If you have ever wondered how a squirrel is able to get into your attic, well, it has the ability to jump 4 feet off the ground and launch its body nearly 10 feet horizontally. Rats can fit through a hole that is the size of a quarter.
- Super Swimmers: A rat can tread water for three days straight, and can easily survive being flushed down a toilet. Rats have strong claws and can even climb back up sewer pipes and swim right back into your toilet.
- Not Hygienic: Mice and rats urinate constantly to mark trails. In a single year a mouse can produce more than 20,000 droppings.
- Distasteful Diseases: Scientists have estimated that there are more than a million different bacteria and viruses on a rat’s foot. Rodents are vectors and spread some pretty nasty diseases like Hantavirus, parasites, and salmonellosis.
- Not so Thirsty: Since rodents get most of their water from the food they eat, they rarely need to drink water.
- Close to Food: Mice are always hungry. In fact, they will eat up to 20 times every day. For this reason, they like to build their nests close to food. That is why your kitchen is most likely the location of an infestation.
- Wide Diet: When you think of what a mouse likes to eat your mind might immediately go to cheese. Mice will eat cheese, but they will eat a wide variety of food. If things get desperate, they will even eat each other.
Local Pest Control with Elevate Pest Control
If you are suffering from a rodent infestation, there is a simple solution. All you need to do is grab your phone and call Elevate Pest Control. We provide effective and efficient rodent control in Brigham City. Our technicians understand how rodents think. We know how to combat mice, rats, gophers, voles, squirrels, and any other type of rodent. We have years of training and experience. When you call us, you put our years of professional experience to work for you. Rodents are out to ruin your health and your home. We want to help you fight back against rodent infestations. We have the tools, equipment, certifications, and training needed to get the job done the right way the first time. You deserve a home that is free from rodent infestations. With Elevate Pest Control on your side, your home can easily become a rodent free environment. We can even take the necessary steps to keep them from coming back. For effective local rodent control, think Elevate Pest Control.