Many folks are irrationally terrified of spiders. For this reason, psychologists invented the term arachnophobia. In most cases, spiders are harmless and even helpful. But not all species of spider are helpful and they may be a sign of a bigger problem.
For instance, we all know that spiders feed on other kinds of insects. They make their webs and wait for other insects to chance upon them. However, it bears noting here that spiders would not have made their nests in these areas if it were not for the fact that they were replete with insects.
In other words, if spiders are setting up shop in your home it could be a sign of a bigger problem. Small cracks in your foundation can provide an entryway for a number of different kinds of invasive pests. Since spiders are predators, they rely on these other pests as their food source. If you successfully get rid of their food supply, the spiders will need to trek elsewhere.
Spider Control is Often about Prevention
Once you have a spider infestation, it’s time to call in Elevate Pest Control. Not only can we help you get rid of your spider problem, we will help you get rid of the other insects on which the spiders feed. Finally, we will find the cracks through which the spiders are entering your home making it far more difficult for spiders and other insects to breach your perimeter. If you’re having a problem with spiders or other invasive pests in Parker, CO, give the experts a call at Elevate Pest Control and set up an appointment today.
What to Do about a Spider Infestation
Calling in Elevate Pest Control is a smart first step. We can help you control the problem and get rid of the spiders that are there. We can also make recommendations on how to prevent future infestations. But only you can make the changes necessary to prevent future infestations. These include:
- Clean house. If you have a spider infestation, it’s time to clean house. Make sure your garbage is changed regularly and don’t leave your dishes out for too long. In addition, any animal cages you have in the house should be cleaned regularly. Once you’ve attacked their food supply, spiders will feel much less welcome in your home.
- Seal the exterior of your home. All pests inside your home at one point or another originated outside your home. They’re getting in somewhere. Elevate Pest Control will help identify problem areas.
- Turn off your outdoor lights. If your spider problem is big enough, you may want to consider turning off your outdoor lights. While spiders can care less about the light, their food finds it rather attractive. Therefore, so do they. On the other hand, you may really enjoy your outdoor floodlights. In that case, you can find yellow bulbs that are less attractive to nearby insects.
- Remove vegetation around your home. Spiders like to chill out in shrubbery, near rocks, and other shaded areas where insects congregate. This is fine until the fall comes. Then the insects start looking for a warmer place to be. Your home is a warmer place to be. So that’s where they’ll head.
- Use dichotomous earth. Spiders do not like traversing dichotomous earth. While fine for you, the spiders find it rather sharp. It will create tiny cuts in their bodies and they will die.
- Make your home stinky. Spiders despise certain smells. These include: eucalyptus, citrus, mint, tea tree, and vinegar. You can use a spray bottle around cracks in your foundation to ward spiders off.
While you can purchase spidercide yourself and deploy it without incident, pest control specialists are trained to work with the often-hazardous chemicals required to get rid of a major infestation.
Yellow Sac and Black Widow Spiders
These two spiders are common all over the United States. Yellow sac spiders, unlike your typical spider, has no sense of self-preservation whatsoever. For that reason, they have been known to bite humans who are millions of times larger than they. While their venom isn’t poisonous, their bites are annoying. They itch. They are also large and red, making them unsightly.
Black widow spiders, on the other hand, do have poisonous bites. If you are bitten by one, you will require medical attention.
The Local Spider Control Technicians at Elevate Pest Control Can Help
You don’t have to live with uninvited eight-legged guests. Elevate Pest Control in Colorado will deploy a safe means of ridding your home of the spider infestation. We can also help you prevent future infestations. Give us a call or contact us online to set up an appointment today.
Other Service Areas in Colorado:
If you do not see your location on the list, please contact us to learn more about our service areas.