Rodents are disgusting creatures that can cause extensive damage in and around your home. They can burrow into walls and other hidden spaces, chewing through building materials as well as your personal belongings. They can also carry a large variety of germs and bacteria, potentially exposing your family to dangerous diseases. At the first sign of a rodent infestation, contact Elevate Pest Control. As a leading provider of pest elimination services in Colorado, our Frederick rodent control experts can quickly identify your problem so that it can be safely addressed, protecting you against infestations and preventing rodents from returning in the future.
Common Rodents In Colorado
The wetlands and forested areas in and around Frederick are a natural habitat for rodents. In search of easy food sources, they are naturally drawn to area homes and businesses, finding small hidden spaces where they can live undetected. Colonies of rodents can multiply quickly and once a safe home base is established, they can live there for years, creating problems for you, your family, and any visitors on your property.
At Elevate Pest Control, we take rodent problems seriously. We know the extensive damage they can cause both indoors and in areas surrounding your property, as well as the health risks they pose. As knowledgeable and experienced Frederick, CO pest control experts, we can help eliminate the following common types of rodents from your home or business:
- House mice: These small creatures can easily get indoors from outside areas, wreaking havoc in your home or office. Their long tails and brown or grey colored bodies can easily squeeze through the smallest holes. House mice are capable of jumping amazingly long distances and climbing straight up walls. They can quickly burrow into walls, attics, and crawl spaces, destroying objects in your home or business as they build their nests, and leaving their waste behind everywhere they go.
- Norway rats: These rats are also brown in appearance but significantly larger than house mice, with smaller tails and stockier bodies. They are most likely to nest in the soil around your home and can get indoors through drains and sewer systems. As meat-eaters, they may invade your kitchen or pantry in search of food, coming out primarily at night. Stumbling upon one as you go in search of a midnight snack could give you quite a fright and may cause them to get aggressive.
- Roof rats: Living up to their names, roof rats can typically be found living in attics and in small gaps or spaces in your ceilings. Thinner than Norway rats and with longer tails, these pests are attracted to fruits, nuts, and grains, as well as common landscaping materials. They are also strong jumpers and can cause extensive damage through gnawing at wood, plastic, wires, and insulation around your home.
- Voles: Voles are similar in appearance to mice but with shorter tails and stouter bodies, and Colorado State University advises that voles are one of the most common rodents found in our area. They are often mistaken for mice or rats while their tendency to burrow may be mistakenly attributed to other wildlife, such as squirrels or gophers. Voles tend to target small plants and bulbs, making them a common threat in gardens and other areas around your property.
Signs Of A Rodent Infestation
Signs of a rodent infestation include damage to property caused by chewing and burrowing, along with the droppings that often get left behind. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that these droppings pose significant health risks to you, your family, and any visitors to your home or business. Being alert to the signs of an infestation and taking swift action to address it should be a top priority. Signs of rodent problems include:
- Hearing scratching and scampering noises behind walls and in ceilings;
- Finding chewed boxes or bags in your pantry;
- Electrical issues, caused by rodents chewing through wiring;
- Debris from wood, insulation, or other materials left scattered around baseboards, in crawl spaces, or other areas of your home.
Call In Our Frederick Rodent Control Professionals
To eliminate the potential for damage and the health risks posed by rodents, it is important to call in our pest control experts for routine inspections and at the first sign of an infestation. At Elevate Pest Control, we can thoroughly inspect your property, locating areas where rodents commonly hide while taking swift action to eliminate them and keep them from returning in the future. To request a free inspection, contact our Frederick mice extermination professionals today.
Other Service Areas in Colorado:
If you do not see your location on the list, please contact us to learn more about our service areas.