Mice, rats, squirrels, and bats will set up shop in your home and then go to work on gnawing at your woodwork, leaving potentially hazardous droppings, and being disgusting squatters in your otherwise happy home. Rodent infestations are not something you want to fool with. When rodents have set up shop in your home it represents a major health risk to you and your family.
At Elevate Pest Control, we help Boulder, CO residents manage their rodent problems. Our trained technicians will not only eradicate current infestations, but we will also help prevent future ones. If you have a serious rodent infestation, give us a call or contact us online to set up an appointment today.
Why Rodent Control is So Important
There are a number of reasons why you want to get on top of a rodent problem before it gets out of control. Rodents not only represent a sanitary threat to you and your family, but they also destroy homes and create major problems down the road. Below are some specific ways in which rodents represent a threat to person and property.
- Rodents teeth never stop growing. Unlike people, a rodent’s teeth do not stop growing. If a rodent’s teeth get too long, they become a life-threatening problem for the rodent. In order to keep the teeth in check, rodents will chew on just about anything and their teeth are strong enough to chew up cinderblock and metal. They can also chew through electrical wire, but with much more unfortunate results. Voles in your backyard can destroy trees and mess up your garden.
- Rodents carry a number of diseases. Rodents are disease vectors for a number of unpleasant diseases. These include the Hantavirus and Tularemia, both of which can be fatal if not treated promptly. Additionally, rodents were the very same animals that carried the Bubonic Plague across Europe during the dark ages reducing the human population in droves. Thanks to rodents, the death rate exceeded the birth rate while the plague was active.
- Rodents are more impressive than they seem. Mice and rats may not seem very impressive, but they can jump as high as a foot which is around four times their own height. Squirrels can jump more than four feet. Not only would they make better basketball players than humans, but they’re better swimmers too. Mice flushed down a toilet can survive the experience and rats can tread water for three days.
- Rats are amazing climbers. Rats and squirrels are adept at climbing trees. From there, they can scale the wires that run from poles to your home and access your attic.
- Rodents can easily fit through tight spaces. Rats and mice are remarkably adept at finding the crevices in your home and entering there. Tiny cracks in your exterior that you would never think twice about provide access to your home.
- Rodents are smarter than they look. While they can’t solve differential equations, rodents have good memories and show problem-solving intelligence. They can manipulate the environment around them to suit their needs and have iron wills. They’ll chew a path to someplace they want to get if there is no clear path already laid out.
DIY vs. Professional Rodent Control Methods
There’s plenty of DIY methods advertised that claim they will save you money. They’re definitely cheaper than professional methods, but they end up costing you money in the long run. Eventually, you will probably have to call in professional exterminators to deal with your rodent problem. Mouse traps are fine for individual mice. But once you have a nest in your house, they become useless. Additionally, they will not work on rats. You’re just setting them out a free meal. Rat poison works to kill rats, but it is unlikely it will be able to reduce the rat population to zero. The traps we use are generally non-toxic.
Professional methods begin with a thorough inspection of your property. Not only are we looking to eradicate the current infestation, but we are looking to prevent a future one. That means shoring up potential areas in which rodents will enter.
Rodent Urine and Feces Cause Diseases
Both the urine and feces of rodents cause a number of viral and bacterial infections that are especially dangerous to humans. It’s very important to stop a rodent infestation from occurring in your home.
Talk to a Boulder Rodent Control Specialist Today
The local rodent control experts at Elevate Pest Control in Colorado will help you solve your rodent problem once and for all. Give us a call and set up an appointment today.
Other Service Areas in Colorado:
If you do not see your location on the list, please contact us to learn more about our service areas.