Rodent Control | Ant Control | Wasp Control | Spider Control
Preston, Idaho is a small town of just over 5,000 people and up until the hit movie Napoleon Dynamite, no one had ever heard of it. Thank you Napoleon, Kip and Lafawnda for bringing a bit of celebrity status to this charming town. But for all its quaint charm, Preston is still prone to pests just like any town and rodents most of all. Preston also has a substantial farming community and rodents are attracted to farms. Rodents see farms like 5 star hotels and there are a few reasons for this. Farms have plenty of places to hide like quonsets, farm equipment, feed bins, wood piles, refuse heaps and more are highly attractive to rodents. When it comes to ideal rodent habitats, mice and rats are a farmer’s worst enemy. Whether you’re in the countryside near farm and fields or living in the quiet neighborhoods in the center of Preston, everyone can benefit from professional Preston rodent control. Rodents are everywhere and any home, farm or business is at risk.
How you can hinder rodent infestations
As a home or business owner, you can do a lot to prevent rodent infestations in between Preston rodent control treatments. Rodent prevention is part of rodent control and here are a few things you can do:
- Keep lids tight on garbage cans outside.
- Avoid piles of garbage or wood as rodents use these to nest in.
- If you have a compost pile, turn it regularly so anything edible is completely covered. The smell will attract rodents.
- Keep pet food covered and in a container when your pet is not eating it. Leaving it out in the open will attract rodents easily.
- As fun as bird feeders are, straw seeds and nuts in the bird feeders instead turn into rodent feeders.
- Seal holes and crevices in the exteriors of your home, garage and shed so rodents can’t sneak in for warmth.
Being a diligent homeowner year round can go a long way to keeping rodents away. The professionals at Elevate Pest Control will then make sure mice or rats have not gotten in anywhere else.
Signs of an infestation in your home
By the time you notice rodents in your home, you could have a big problem on your hands. Mice are exceptionally good at keeping quiet, stealing food and avoiding detection. They can live unnoticed in your home for months but by then they could have reproduced several times. A female rodent reproduces about every 3 weeks and her litters can be anywhere from 6-12 mice each. Within a couple months, you could have dozens and dozens of mice within your walls. If you know the subtle signs of a beginning rodent infestation, you can avoid a really nasty infestations and a lot of damage. What should you look for? Here are a few things:
- Chew marks on bags, boxes and containers
- Black or brain droppings the size of grains of rice along the walls, in cupboards or behind appliances
- Squeaking or scratching noises within your walls
- Scent of urine
- Unusual activity from your pets
If you notice any one of these signs, call your expert technicians for rodent control in Preston.
The most thorough rodent control available
Elevate Pest Control has removed thousands of pest infestations and has a complete knowledge of all things related to pest control, especially when it comes to rodents. Using the most innovative, effective rodent control methods, we can guarantee complete rodent removal while ensuring safety to your family and pets. The last thing you want is to replace rodents with harmful rodent poison. The rodent control treatments we use are safe for your family, giving you complete peace of mind and relieving your stress. We love our customers and can’t wait to serve you.