There are plenty of activities to lure both residents and visitors to Longmont, CO. Situated just 15 miles northeast of Boulder, it offers a thriving tech industry, some of the most affordable housing in the area, a bustling downtown district, and plenty of recreational opportunities. However, its location in the Rocky Mountain region also brings with it some unwanted guests.
Both indoor and outdoor pests are a common nuisance in Longmont. Unfortunately, failing to properly address the issue only increases your odds of an infestation. At Elevate Pest Control, we can help prevent this from occurring. Our Longmont pest control experts are a trusted resource for homeowners and businesses throughout the area. We can safely and effectively eliminate any pest issues you may have while keeping them from returning in the future.
Protection Against Outdoor Pests in Longmont, CO
Outdoor pests can plague residents of Longmont all year, but they are particularly active over the summer months. Your yard and areas around your property may be providing fertile breeding grounds. These areas can attract certain types of stinging pests and other outdoor insects, which can end up proving dangerous to both humans and pets.
At Elevate Pest Control, our Longmont pest control experts can help you identify outdoor pests around your home or property. We safely and effectively eliminate hives or nests while addressing the conditions that are likely to attract them. Colorado State University provides a calendar that details what months each particular pest is active. For people in Longmont and throughout Boulder County, the ones most likely to make themselves a nuisance include:
- Bees: Honey bees are good for the environment but their sting poses problems for plenty of people. Having our local pest control experts safely remove them from your property is the best bet.
- Beetles: These pests can burrow their way into tree branches or logs stored outside your home and should be destroyed immediately to prevent an infestation.
- Caterpillars: Caterpillars can be seen weaving nests throughout shrubs and trees on your property, creating an unseemly appearance and doing damage to the underlying plant.
- Moths: In addition to being an irritating nuisance, moths can cause extensive damage in gardens and landscaped areas.
- Ticks: These dangerous pests can cause serious illnesses for you and any animals on your property.
- Yellow Jackets: Unlike honeybees, which can only sting once, a single yellow jacket is capable of stinging its victim multiple times. They are aggressive in defending their nests, which can often be found in tree shrubs, and in structures around your property.
- Wasps: The same as yellow jackets, wasps can also sting multiple times. The hotter the weather, the more likely they are to get aggressive. Look for their papery hives hanging in trees, from wood structures, or in the eaves around your home.
We Keep Pests From Invading Your Home
Outdoor pest problems that are not addressed can easily end up creating problems indoors as well. There are also certain types of pests that are more likely to infest homes throughout Longmont. In addition to making you, your family, and your guests uncomfortable, these can pose significant health risks. At Elevate Pest Control, our experts can help identify and eliminate the following pests in your home:
- Ants: These can come indoors through cracks in siding and in gaps through doors, creating a nuisance and contaminating household surfaces.
- Bed bugs: These pests are hitchhikers by nature and can easily be brought in through boxes or items you purchase.
- Cockroaches: These are among the worst types of pests, as they carry bacteria and leave behind droppings that can trigger allergies or asthma among humans. If you spot even one, there is a strong likelihood of a complete infestation.
- Fleas: These can easily be carried indoors through pets and reproduce rapidly, leaving you and your family covered in itchy, red bumps.
- Mice: Any type of rodent is an alarming and unwelcome sight in your home. This situation needs to be addressed immediately to avoid the spread of illness.
- Spiders: Aside from terrifying certain family members with phobias, certain spiders have bites that can be potentially deadly.
Contact Us for Local Pest Control in Longmont
If you have spotted any of the above pests or have concerns about an infestation in or around your home, reach out to Elevate Pest Control. As your local pest exterminators, you can trust us to quickly and effectively deal with any problems, preventing them from returning in the future. To schedule a free consultation, contact our Longmont pest control professionals today.
Other Service Areas in Colorado:
If you do not see your location on the list, please contact us to learn more about our service areas.