Just 30 miles north of Denver, Frederick, CO hosts a variety of year-round, family-friendly activities for residents. From the Festival of Lights in December to fishing tournaments and the annual Chainsaws and Chuckwagons Competition in the summer, people of all ages enjoy taking part in recreational activities that our area provides. Unfortunately, in the midst of all the outdoor fun, there are always some unwanted guests. Our proximity to lakes, reservoirs, and wooded areas make pests a common concern.
Outdoor pests can make it impossible to enjoy activities while indoor ones make your family uncomfortable and put you at risk for potentially serious illnesses. At Elevate Pest Control, we are a reliable, trusted provider for pest elimination throughout the Colorado area. Our Frederick pest control experts offer safe and highly effective services to prevent problems in your home, yard, and other areas.
Common Outdoor Pests in Frederick, CO
Bugs and stinging pests can easily ruin any outdoor event you have planned. They can make it nearly impossible to enjoy picnics or parties around your home and jeopardize the safety of children playing in or around your property. At Elevate Pest Control, we take a proactive approach in eliminating these types of problems. Our Longmont pest control experts can survey outdoor areas, identify places where pests are most likely to breed or build their nests, and eliminate any current infestations you are experiencing.
Outdoor pests can be a problem year-round but they are particularly pesky over the spring, summer, and fall months. Common insects that can be found during this time period in Frederick include:
- Bees: Bees do help to pollinate flowers and vegetables, but their sting can be dangerous for certain people.
- Wasps: Whereas bees can only sting a victim once before dying and are not known to be aggressive, wasps can sting multiple times and may attack victims for no reason.
- Yellow Jackets: Similar to wasps, yellowjackets can sting multiple times. They are particularly aggressive in defending their hives and getting attacked by a swarm can prove potentially life-threatening for victims.
- Ticks: These are another very dangerous problem, as ticks remain on the skin and can infect both humans and animals on your property with potentially serious illnesses.
- Mosquitoes: Mosquitoes are a major annoyance over the summer months, leaving red, itchy welts on victims. However, they can also transport deadly infections. Eliminating them at their source should be a top priority.
Mosquitoes are attracted by standing water around your home, where their eggs may lay dormant over the winter months. Ticks are a problem in fields and wooded areas. Wasps, bees, and yellow jackets can build nests in trees and shrubs or in structures such as porches or sheds, as well as in cracks in your siding.
Common Pests Found in Frederick Homes
Any of the various types of pests that can be found outdoors can make their way into your home on occasion. However, some are more likely to take up residence there, making your family uncomfortable and putting their health at risk.
At Elevate Pest Control, our Frederick pest control experts can take the actions needed to prevent household pests from becoming a problem. You can trust us to safely and effectively eliminate common pests such as the following:
- Bed bugs: Hitchhikers by nature, bed bugs can easily be brought into your home after traveling or through items you purchase. Signs of infestation include dark dots on sheets and mattresses, as well as a telltale series of small bites.
- Stink bugs: In addition to having the potential to bite or pinch you, these bugs give off a distinctly unpleasant odor when threatened or cornered.
- Cockroaches: If you have seen even one cockroach, it likely means more are in hiding. These can contaminate food supplies and their droppings can trigger severe asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Mice: Mice and other rodents can chew their way through wood, wiring, and insulation, causing extensive damage in your home. They also carry a number of potentially dangerous germs.
- Spiders: While some spiders are harmless and actually feed on certain types of pests, others have bites that can have serious health impacts and need to be dealt with immediately.
Let Us Help You Today
At Elevate Pest Control, we have decades worth of experience eliminating indoor and outdoor pests in Frederick and the surrounding areas. To discuss how we can help you, contact our Frederick pest control experts and request a free consultation today.
Other Service Areas in Colorado:
If you do not see your location on the list, please contact us to learn more about our service areas.