Just a short distance to the northwest of Denver, life in Erie moves at its own pace. There are plenty of parks for outdoor recreation, active farms and picturesque gardens, alongside places to enjoy fresh food and a local brew. The city is located in the plains of the Rocky Mountain region, and hot air ballooning is a popular hobby and provides a bird’s eye view of the area’s natural beauty.
Unfortunately, back on the ground, the amount of fields, waterways, and wooded areas also makes Erie a popular place for different types of pests. These can put a damper on outdoor activities and can easily invade your home. At Elevate Pest Control, we help to identify and eliminate these types of issues, preventing them from returning in the future. For decades, our Erie pest control experts have been a trusted resource in the community, helping to keep you and your family safe and protected.
The Problem with Outdoor Pests in Erie, CO
Bugs and stinging pests are a part of life, for people in Colorado and in other areas around the country. Unfortunately, some of the pests that are common in Erie have the potential to cause serious injuries or illnesses. When it comes to protecting the safety of you and your family, it is best not to take any chances.
At Elevate Pest Control, we can do an in-depth inspection of outdoor areas around your home, helping to identify bothersome and potentially dangerous pests. Once our local pest control experts have uncovered any issues, they can advise you on the safest and most effective ways to eliminate them. There is an extensive list of outdoor pests that are often found in our area. Among those most likely to be a problem for homeowners in Erie include:
- Bees: The way the stinger is incorporated into the body of a bee, they can only sting victims once before they die. However, for people allergic to bee stings, this can cause serious allergic reactions.
- Wasps and Yellowjackets: Unlike bees, wasps and yellowjackets are capable of stinging victims multiple times and are known to be aggressive. Stumbling inadvertently into a nest can result in potentially life threatening health conditions.
- Ticks: These are a common problem in Erie and throughout Colorado, and their bites can cause serious illnesses both for humans and any animals on your property.
- Mosquitoes: Transferring diseases and bacteria through the blood of victims, these can result in dangerous health issues, especially for pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems.
In addition to the above types of stinging or biting insects, beetles and caterpillars can also be a major problem for people throughout Erie. They may not pose serious health concerns, but they can easily infest and ruin crops and gardens on your property.
Keeping Your Home Safe From Pests In Erie
Outdoor bugs and insects are not the only types of pests that can present problems for you, your family members, and your pets. In addition to making everyone extremely uncomfortable, common household pests can also pose serious health risks as well.
At Elevate Pest Control, our Erie pest control experts treat household pests with the seriousness they warrant. We take aggressive actions to both safely and effectively eliminate the following types of nuisances, which can put you and your family at risk:
- Bed bugs: One of the most dreaded types of infestations, bed bugs disturb your sleep and can leave you with itchy bumps that can easily become infected. They are easily transported into your home after traveling or through products that are delivered.
- Cockroaches: In addition to arousing your disgust, cockroaches can infect food supplies while triggering asthma and severe allergic reactions through their droppings.
- Mice: Any type of rodent has the potential to spread potentially deadly bacteria. They can also cause extensive damage in your home, chewing through wiring, insulation, wood, and storage boxes.
- Spiders: In Colorado, venomous spiders such as the brown recluse or black widow can easily invade your home and are a major cause for concern.
Other common household pests in Erie, which may not be as dangerous as the above but are equally capable of being a nuisance, include stink bugs, ants, and silverfish.
Reach Out to Us Today for Help
Do not take chances when it comes to preventing a pest infestation in or around your home. Get our top-rated pest control professionals at Elevate Pest Control on your side. To request a free consultation, contact our Erie pest control experts today.
Other Service Areas in Colorado:
If you do not see your location on the list, please contact us to learn more about our service areas.